Pages

About Me

Mum of 2, suffering my own mental health issues, I began to write this blog as a way to release feelings and emotions. At 13 my daughter was terribly bullied which has led to her having serious mental health problems of her own. She is now 16. I wanted to document our journey and hopefully be able to look back and see how far we have come.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

A Saturday of two halves...12th May

I managed some disturbed sleep on the sofa.  It was so late by the time the rum had gone, I didn't want to disturb my OH.  I wasn't drunk, just numb.

Strangely I was wide awake by 8am.  Likely helped by the beautiful sunshine coming through the living room window.  But bizarrely, it made me want to pull myself up and change my habits there and then.  When Emily got up at a similar time I suggested we went for a walk.  It certainly couldn't do us any harm.

We are very fortunate to live near good transport links and woods and fields.  The three of use went out on a circular route taking around one and a half hours.

I took a couple of pictures, they made me think about life in general.  On one side a muddy mess and on the other sunshine and colour.

Muddy walk
Rapeseed


Later we all spent some time with my Dad. It was his Birthday and my Sister and her family called in too.  Emily coped, she was occupied. I asked my niece if she would have lunch with Emily at school on Monday.  I thought it might ease her worries about having no one to hang out with.  My niece jumped at the chance to help and Emily looked relieved.

The golden CAHMS appointment was drawing ever nearer. I finally felt that I'd had a bit of a kick up the bum and in response vowed to give my liver a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment