Pages

About Me

Mum of 2, suffering my own mental health issues, I began to write this blog as a way to release feelings and emotions. At 13 my daughter was terribly bullied which has led to her having serious mental health problems of her own. She is now 16. I wanted to document our journey and hopefully be able to look back and see how far we have come.

Thursday 3 May 2012

End of term

Emily attended her new school for two weeks and then the Easter break was upon us.  Those two weeks had been reasonable.  Whilst she was a good student, she struggled in some lessons where the old school hadn't covered the things she now needed to know.

She had started to make friends, but no close friendships had formed.  This was partly due to the short time she'd been there, but perhaps more to do with her lack of confidence.  Emily told me later that she'd learned that keeping her mouth shut at the old school was the best policy.  Due to this, she found it hard to start talking to people again.  She was afraid of being ridiculed, so instead kept quiet and found it impossible to join in with general chitchat.

I had every confidence that, given time, she would overcome this. I also beleived that the Easter holidays would allow her to recharge her batteries and she would be able to return to school rested and ready for action.

Not for the first time, I was way off the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment